Many people have started running as a form of fitness as they are no longer are able to play sports or attend the gym. Some people are contemplating running for the first time while others who have recently taken it up are wondering why they didn’t start earlier.
They have discovered they are enjoying running more as a form of exercise than when they were at the gym. However, starting from no running to doing multiple runs a week often leads to injury and short circuits the only form of fitness you can do! Some people have already broken down with knee, Achilles, heel, shin and other foot and leg injuries.
We have identified 7 factors which cause this:
- Poor running shoes
- Poor running technique
- A rapid increase in running
- Inadequate recovery methods
- Weak and/or tight muscles
- Biomechanical factors (pronated or supinated feet etc)
- Not being ready to run
At the Adelaide Heel Pain Clinic, we focus on creating robust runners who can keep running sustainably.
For people who want to reach their running goals, whether it be a 5km park run, the City to Bay, a marathon or simply to stay in shape and stay injury-free, we’re offering 3 gap-free running assessments each week.
The assessments include 5 things:
- A comprehensive history of your running/fitness history
- Full Biomechanical Assessment
- Movement Analysis Screen
- Computerised Gait and Running Technique Analysis
- Detailed Program outlining your goals, accountability tools and injury prevention measures
Book Online in less than 60 Seconds
Easily book an appointment at Adelaide Heel Pain Clinics in less than 60 seconds by selecting a location, practitioner, date and time from our online booking portal. Same day appointments are available.
Join over 20,000 South Australians who are now pain free!