ACHILLES TENDONITIS ADELAIDE
Inflammation or degeneration caused by excessive stretching/ overuse of the Achilles tendon.
The Achilles tendon is an extension of the calf muscles that attaches into the back of the heel bone. It is the largest tendon in the body.
- Stiff ache when getting out of bed
- Stiff ache warming up and cooling down after exercise
- Ache at end of the day
- Swollen/ thickened lump in the Achilles
- Poor foot function; flattening of arch
- Poor/ soft footwear
- Tight calf muscle
- Increase in sporting activity with poor training methods/ techniques
Adelaide Heel Pain Clinic proudly offers quality achilles tendinitis treatment to local North Adelaide, Eastwood, Parkside, Glenside, Frewville, Fullarton, Dulwich, Toorak Gardens, Malvern, Highgate, Myrtle Bank, Bowden, Brompton, Prospect, Sefton Park, Walkerville & Klemzig residents.
The experienced team at Heel Pain Clinics of Adelaide can assist with:
- Achilles stretching, strengthening and icing
- Radial Shockwave Therapy
- Address biomechanics (shoes/ orthotics)
- Modify training