SEVERS DISEASE ADELAIDE
Inflammation of the growth plate in the heel of growing children.
The Achilles tendon is an extension of the calf muscles that attaches into the growth plate at the back of the heel bone. It is the largest tendon in the body.
- Growth of child has made bones longer than the muscles
- Tight calves
- Excessive pronation (flat feet)
- Poor/ soft footwear
- Excessive sport participation
Adelaide Heel Pain Clinic proudly offers quality treatment for severs disease to local North Adelaide, Eastwood, Parkside, Glenside, Frewville, Fullarton, Dulwich, Toorak Gardens, Malvern, Highgate, Myrtle Bank, Bowden, Brompton, Prospect, Sefton Park, Walkerville & Klemzig residents.
The team at Heel Pain Clinics of Adelaide can assist with:
- Stretching and icing regime
- Address biomechanics (footwear/ orthotics)
- Reduce sporting activities